The RCS Group Chief Software Architect will supply practical architecture leadership, direction and mentoring to our different engineering teams while closely advising and collaborating with our VPs of Software or Product Development to guarantee the delivery of high-performance, robust, and scalable solutions migrating from on premises software environment to new Cloud based platforms. The candidate is a thought-leader, with real-world business acumen and the ability to collaborate across functions. The ideal person has a strong understanding of Cloud technology, multimedia, data and analytics, excellent communication and negotiation skills, and experience guiding software and quality engineers in the implementation of production solutions.
- Give technical directions to the development team(s)
- Moving legacy applications from an onsite server to the Cloud
- Capable of building small prototypes of product components to ensure the validity of their technical design and performance
- Ability to build and oversee the maintenance of microservices for high availability functions in cloud based environments
- Work with management to grasp business objectives and suggest technical strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology
- Be able to describe and justify the tactics employed in the software architecture of our product and services to inspire technical teams to build solutions adapted to the business of our customers.
- Be quick to recognize needs to adjust our architecture based on technology evolution, product team requests or new markets conditions.
- Able to collaborate with everyone else outside the engineering team to gather all requirements leading to the best architectural choices and naturally defend or compromise for a solution satisfying all parties.
- Translate the software architecture into design with the development teams
- Be actively involved in our agile development process
- Work closely with product management, engineering, quality assurance, sales, and customer experience services teams
- Minimum 10 years of experience in hands-on development, application design in the delivery of software products
- Minimum 3 years in an architect role in previous large-scale software development projects, preferably Cloud based SaaS delivery model
- Comfortable communicating architecture to all levels of management and customers
- Excellent knowledge of software development methodologies and processes as well as DevOps implementation
- Track record that includes the design and release of high-quality, high-performance enterprise software products / applications / real time API driven communications
- Excellent decision-making skills with the ability to balance conflicting interests in a complex and fast-paced environment; Strong analytical, prioritization, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- AWS / Google Cloud / Azure usage experience
- Thorough understanding of relational database design, OLAP and good understanding of NoSQL models
- Hands-on experience with big data storage and machine learning
- Experience in developing software systems using data mining, machine learning, or statistical/econometric techniques, methods and algorithms
- Experience with Jira, Salesforce, or Freshdesk
- Web Crawling
- Coordination of geographically-distributed teams
- Agile development methodology
- Dealing with large data sets and developing analytic software using SQL, NoSQL and statistical tools
- Advanced degree (Computer Science or related field)
- Experience working for a media or ad tech company
Location: White Plains, NY: 445 Hamilton Avenue, 7th Floor, 10601
Position Type: Regular