Last updated: May 24, 2018
This Policy sets out how MEDIA MONITORS uses and protects any information that you give MEDIA MONITORS when you use our online services.
MEDIA MONITORS is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Policy.
This Policy is in compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation which came into force on May 25, 2018. This policy does not diminish any additional rights you may have under the laws of your country.
WHO WE ARE
Within this policy, “MEDIA MONITORS” refers to any entity within the RCS (Radio Computing Services) group of companies, which include, in the United State of America, iHeartMedia Management Service Inc. (iHeartMedia) and, in the European Union, Radio Computing Services (UK) Ltd., RCS Europe sarl and associated branch offices, RCS Europe SARL, Niederlassung Deutschland, RCS Europe SA, France, Filial Sverige and RCS Europe sarl (SP. Z O.O.) Oddzial W Polsce. This policy applies to all MEDIA MONITORS companies in the European Union and to iHeartMedia in the event that it processes personal data of individual persons located in the European Union.
All other MEDIA MONITORS offices outside Europe have agreed to operate under this Policy.
2) INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and store the following information about you:
- Your name
- An email address that you provide or that is provided to us by your manager
- A username that can be based on your name or of your own choosing.
- A password of your own choosing within certain parameters. This password is protected by technology that does not facilitate recovery of the original password from the information stored in our database.
- The name of the Company you work for or represent.
- The date you last interacted with MEDIA MONITORS by logging into the website and/or web services.
- The type of reports you generated, including:
- The parameters used to generate a report
- The IP address you used to log into MEDIA MONITORS
- The number of times you downloaded and/or reviewed creative
3) HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
MEDIA MONITORS will use your username and password to authenticate you and to provide online services to you for generating, viewing, printing, and downloading reports, and reviewing and/or downloading creative,. We use it to identify which notification options or subscriptions you select on our websites. When you activate these subscriptions, you allow MEDIA MONITORS to contact you by email to advise you of the status of your report or notify you about new updates to our website, which may include services you use.
MEDIA MONITORS may also contact you to advise you of planned unavailability of the services you use, to ask you about the MEDIA MONITORS services you use, or ask you about your experiences dealing with our support and training departments.
Data collected by MEDIA MONITORS is primarily used to interact with customers to provide service and support, and to ensure the security of the customer’s account. At times MEDIA MONITORS will send marketing and survey materials to you.
4) SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
No MEDIA MONITORS entity shares any personal data with any other entity, whether outside or within MEDIA MONITORS. Personal data cannot be accessed through the iHeartMedia-owned data center held in the United States.
5) SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure by using commercially-reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures designed to protect your information.
MEDIA MONITORS web and database servers are configured to use only the latest security protocols. Database access is secured through non-default, complex passwords. The data integrity methods (firewall, etc.) have been provided by the parent company, iHeartMedia, and meet current industry standards for security. All security updates are applied in a timely manner to the systems employed.
MEDIA MONITORS parent company, iHeartMedia, routinely performs penetration testing on network nodes to ensure the security technology and protocols are adequately protecting the network and stored information.
If a breach of security and the breach is likely to pose risk to the persons whose data is impacted, MEDIA MONITORS will report the breach to impacted individuals.
The MEDIA MONITORS IT department is instructed to identify and report any issues of data breach to the designated company officer who will ensure compliance with the above requirement.
6) INFORMATION WE STORE
MEDIA MONITORS may store information in the following ways:
a. When you log into our website
When you log into our websites, including MediaMonitors.com, MediaMonitorsUK.com and UK.MediaMonitors.com, MEDIA MONITORS will store:
- A unique user ID that is associated with your account
- The date you last logged into one of the MEDIA MONITORS websites
- The type of report you generated
- The parameters used to generate reports
- The number of times you viewed, listened or download creative.
b. When you use web services
When you utilize our web services (commonly referred to as API), MEDIA MONITORS will store:
- A unique user ID that is associated with your account
- The date you submitted your request
- Your IP address
- The name of the function called and associated parameters
- The MEDIA MONITORS service, the portion of the website which requires you to log in, creates a separate cookie and stores an encrypted format:
- i) your username
- ii) your password
- This encrypted information cannot be reverse-engineered to reveal the actual password nor username.
- The cookie is removed once you logout and close the browser.
- If you do not manually log out of the website, and only close the browser, the cookie will remain until you either revisit the website and logout, or after 1 year from the date you last visited the site; whichever occurs first.
7) CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If applicable, we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Contact your local MEDIA MONITORS office for assistance.
8) REMOVAL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
MEDIA MONITORS will erase your personal information from our systems after two years of inactivity from the last login date.
You may revoke your personal information from our systems at any time by contacting MEDIA MONITORS Sales or Support. Upon your request, we can remove your name and/or change your username used to log into our services. We will need to store an email address so we may contact you for support or to use the Forgot Password feature.
Upon activating this mechanism to remove all your personal information, your name, email address and username will be permanently removed from the databases used at MEDIA MONITORS to manage services. The history of your interaction with the company with respect to downloads, software licenses, support issues or other online preferences will be anonymized with no traceability to your identity.
9) INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We may electronically transfer your information outside of your home country. Such transfers would remain within our organization and under the jurisdiction of this Policy.
10) MANAGING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right as an individual to manage the personal data we hold about you and make amendments to it if this is necessary and to withdraw any consent in relation to the use of your personal data that you may have given us. If you exercise any of your rights, MEDIA MONITORS may ask for information from you to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help MEDIA MONITORS find your personal data. We will respond within 30 days after we receive a valid request backed up by suitable evidence of your identity.
The specific rights you have are as follows:
- to request a summary of the personal data we have about you
- to correct and update your personal data
- to withdraw your consent (where we have requested and you have given it to enable MEDIA MONITORS to send you any general information that is not strictly necessary under any contract nor is within our legitimate interests to send to you)
- to object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data such as automated processing and profiling
- to erase your personal data or restrict its use
- to complain to the MEDIA MONITORS-nominated supervisory authority in the European Union which is the Datainspektionen in Sweden. The Datainspektionen may be contacted at PostaddressBox 8114, 104 20 Stockholm, Sweden (https://www.datainspektionen.se/in-english/contact-us/)
11) CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Except to the extent limited by applicable law, we reserve the right to update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices by prominently posting notice of the update on our Sites, and as required, obtaining your consent. Any updates will become effective immediately after posting the updates to this Policy and apply to all information collected about you, or where required, upon your consent. You agree that you will review this Policy periodically.
If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above.
You are free to decide whether or not to accept a modified version of this Policy, but accepting this Policy, as modified, is required for you to continue using our online services. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy or any modified version of this Policy, your sole recourse is to terminate your use of our online services.
If we make any major changes to this Policy – including, but not limited to, changes that materially impact previously collected information about you – we will contact you by email to obtain your prior express consent.
12) CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Policy, or concerning information we may have collected about you, please contact us by email at privacy@MediaMonitorsworks.com, or by postal mail to:Data Privacy Manager
216 19 Malmö
Or you may also contact your local office (contact information at: https://www.mediamonitors.com/contact/)